First the rules: 1. Post these rules before you give the facts. 2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 4. tag your article as meta; 8 things and Uncheck ALL OF NEWSVINE. 5. At the end of your blog, you need to post it here... http://8things.newsvine.com/
1) My favorite food.... anything someone else cooks for me. I have a beautiful daughter and a lovely wife who is permanently disabled due to a terrible cancer, Most of my time is consumed with care giving and being Mr Mom, so when someone cooks for me it's a relief. Not having to think about what to make is a welcome vacation.
2) I live in the sticks. National and state forests surround us. Its 22 miles to the nearest stop light. The area is primarily a tourist locale and a tourist driven economy. After Labor day, when the Tourists dwindle away, begins my favorite time of the year. The fall colors make every turn in the road and every lakeview a postcard scene.
Rebelgirl mentioned adding comments about where you live, I'll put a link to MY HEAVEN in the comment box.
3) I love art in all forms. From music to sculpture anything that is derived by ones own thoughts and talents are special to me. Other peoples art helps inspire my own creativity. I'll do just about anything from photography,painting to carving logs, Anything that presents itself at the time. My camera is a cheap digital , it's easy to carry around and it's what I could afford. Sometimes it surprises me with the quality it achieves.
4) I do pretty much everything myself. I can't remember the last time I hired someone to preform a service for us, Specialized doctors are the exception to the rule I guess. My father was a jack of all trades and a good teacher. One day I'm a builder the next I'm an mechanic or an artist, what ever it takes and what ever pays the bills in this later phase of my life.
5) If I don't know how to do something, I will read and research, then per Nike....Just do it. I've done everything from build airplane hangers for the air force to working on skyscrapers, also My experience and knowledge that I've gained from taking care of sick, elderly and family members rivals that of those with advanced degree's. I have had the pleasure of knowing some great nurses that gave everything of themselves and taught me a lot about life love and happiness.
Side note: God bless the nurses, It's one of the hardest jobs on this planet, physically, mentally and without a lot of appreciation from others for what they endure. It takes a very special person to be a good nurse and stay with it. Even if you made it only 10 years, that's an accomplishment and I credit you with time served.
6) I dislike the puppets that are programed by propaganda and peer pressure and the almighty dollar. They need to think they are better than everyone else and deserve better than everyone else so they are the elite. Walk like me, talk like me or your an idiot is there forte.
I have a lot of very educated and uneducated friends that I love, these people listen, They change there mind, They think of others first, and to me they are a lot smarter than the brainwashed educated ass I described above. who can not laugh at himself or except people for who they are. Hmmm maybe just a few of these running around NV ya think? In the words of a Julie Roberts song " you got one little problem baby, you ain't down home " If the words are clear, grammar and punctuation mean nothing to me.
7) Ahhh my motorcycle, this is my Prozac, my best friend, it's what keeps me smiling and sane,nothing better then being lost on some back country road crank'in and singing to my favorite tunes. That's liv'in... nuff said.
8) I joke about damn near everything. Seems like over the years it has been the best way to get my point across without offending too many people. I also use humor to laugh off the pain, it is definitely the best medicine... I seem to get along better with women at times rather than men. A lot of my buds are too busy bragging about this or that. Women understand more of what is important in life and aren't afraid to talk about it. I've seen a distinct change in myself and what I value after losing some of my loved ones and almost losing my wife. Life is more precious than anything. I never realized that fact back when I was young, wild and infallible. It's a pleasure getting to know some of you! Others of you that don't know humility or attack it can go f yourself.